Can a foreigner with the R.O.C Nationality apply for an Employment Gold Card?
If any of these below are true, your application will not be accepted:
- An R.O.C. National who has a Taiwanese household registration, and is currently residing in Taiwan.
- Entered Taiwan with an R.O.C passport. Note: When applying for residency, or an extension of stay or residency, those who entered Taiwan with a foreign passport must first register their moving-out registration with the Household Registration Office.
- The application of males who have not completed compulsory military service of conscription age or near conscription age if they fall into one of the following situations:* Having neither an Overseas Compatriot Identity Certificate for the purpose of military service nor an Overseas Compatriot Identity Endorsement on his R.O.C. passport.
- Being an overseas draftee who has resided in Taiwan Area for one year or more.
- Having been subjected to conscription in accordance with the law and is being restricted from leaving the country.